Question pyro & boost Guages

sss521

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just got both of these guages and I am wondering how I hook them up. The shop wants 100 bucks a gauge and I was wondering if it is really that hard to do I know I have to drill & tap the pyro I was also wondering if you gain that much by going before the turbo?

dieselman44641

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just drilled and tapped the exhaust manifold on the drivers side i wouldn't pay to get it done it is easy work less than an hour and you should have both gauges in

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Vacuum out the chips by sucking (with the vacuum cleaner) on the hole you just drilled. It is easy to drill and tap. Don't break the tap - go slow.

Dave

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is a easy job, just be sure to wear safety glasses when you drill and tap the manifold. I didn't and ended up at the eye doctor the next day having my eye numbed and then shaved with a tool that looked like a dremel because i had hot shavings burn my eye ball. most of the shavings fall to the ground but a vacuum is a good idea to catch the few that went into the manifold. Shouldnt have an issue breaking the tap since most of mounts for the probe are 1/4"

caissiel

Laurent
Reaction score
I did mine in A Campground, you need the right drill size and tap like the instructions says. Grease your drill and tap so the shavings stick to the drill and tap. Do not let the drill sink in and tap it slowly not to break the tap. I found the manifold casting was hard, so make sure you back off every 1/2 Turn or less. 1/2 Turn clockwise and 1/2 to 1 turn counterclockwise. Only Connect to the power source after the wire is completely routed safely. I accidently touched a live wire with my boost gauge wire that has a shielded metal cover. It almost ruined it. Good Luck

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drill tap and install... There is no reason to worry about a few shavings that defy gravity and fall up into the manifold. They will blow right thru the turbo without hurting a thing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14