Regen additive

pubs34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was just at the dealer getting my 30k checkup on my 08' and went over and looked at the ford regen fuel for the 6.7's, it was $9.83 a gallon. Anybody know how much is used when it goes into regen and do the trucks go into regen as often as the 6.4's. This system looks like it's set up to fail. What happens if you forget to fill up the extra tank with this stuff. And how many people will forget to do it or get to the dealer to buy it. Not sure I like leaving this up to the truck owners. It may have a better regen then the 6.4's but now you have added human error.

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
The urea tank is about 5 gallons and is designed to last as long as the oil change intervals. The truck will warn you when there is about 800 miles left. It will continue to warn you as you get closer too empty. Once empty the truck will go into limp mode. Lots of time to get it filled back up.

pubs34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Urea

Good to hear about the safe gaurds with the truck going into limp mode. Still just another step having to get to the dealer, I know, wouldn't have to do it as much as I thought but still something you have to do, and with the human error factor,not sure if I like it. How many people are going to try to add something else cause it's cheaper ???

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Was just at the dealer getting my 30k checkup on my 08' and went over and looked at the ford regen fuel for the 6.7's, it was $9.83 a gallon.

Maybe after a while the regen stuff will begin to show up in auto parts places & such as other fluids like antifreeze, tranny fluid etc. At $9.83 gallon, I'm sure other more affordable sources are bound to show up.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
well, get used to it.
The new clean diesels from VW/AUDI are using it, Benz uses it, and if Jeep ever decides to launch theirs (was on the table for 2011 at the time of bankruptcy) they'll be using it, too.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
well, get used to it.
The new clean diesels from VW/AUDI are using it, Benz uses it, and if Jeep ever decides to launch theirs (was on the table for 2011 at the time of bankruptcy) they'll be using it, too.

That would support what I was thinking. Demand drives supply. Sounds like demand will be going up. Supply?????????????

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe after a while the regen stuff will begin to show up in auto parts places & such as other fluids like antifreeze, tranny fluid etc. At $9.83 gallon, I'm sure other more affordable sources are bound to show up.

Hmmm.. Let's see.. $9.83 from Ford........ That would be..... Maybe..$2.99 from any other source ?? :sly

:sorryThe Devil made me do it.:sorry

snicklas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have seen the fluid at truck stops, but did not notice the price, so it is available from other sources.....

pubs34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Change Thinking

Guess I just have to change my thinking, keeping the extra tank full isn't much different than keeping the tires full or the windshield washer fluid full. Still going to keep my 08" for a few more years.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14