Rev-x

majek5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone use this stuff? Seems a little, check that VERY EXPENSIVE, for the little bottles you get. Not to say you need a big bottle for it to work, but does it work? And also, does it just make the truck start and run better? I have heard that once you start using it, you need to keep using it. It is supposed to help with stiction in the 6.0. What is stiction? Thanks for any info.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I have never heard of any "stiction" problems with the 6.0. And I have never heard of Rev X. I don't use anything but Power Service (grey bottle) in my truck.

Dave

Groovy Chick

Groovy Gal
Reaction score
Stiction is when the oil trapped between the spool valve and the body of the injector becomes viscous at lower temperatures and has an effect very similar to glue. It causes the spool valve to not operate freely and can (and generally WILL) result in injector misfire. (Picture pouring honey from a jar; it'll be thick and gooey. Try microwaving it for 30 seconds; it will have entirely different characteristics.

Ford came out with an inductive heating strategy in 2007 to combat stiction but came to realize that it was causing FICM (and subsequent injector) failure. Last year, they modified the inductive heating strategy to be less aggressive.

We have had MANY great conversations with 6.0L owners about their trucks responding amazingly well with Rev-X.

JRJ04

Reaction score
Hot Shots Secret Additive also has been known to work very well. It supposedly does a great job at cleaning your entire system. I just purchased some and will be adding it to my 7.3 soon.

Groovy Chick

Groovy Gal
Reaction score
Hot Shots Secret Additive also has been known to work very well. It supposedly does a great job at cleaning your entire system. I just purchased some and will be adding it to my 7.3 soon.

Cool beans. I haven't come across it yet, but I'll check it out. :)

Hello Groovy Chick, and Welcome to SSD.com.
Doug

Thank you very much. Glad to be here!

Thank you for your great explanation of Stiction. I now know what stiction is.

Dave

You're very welcome. I'm glad I could help. :)

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
all I can tell you is Rev-x was advertizing on a couple of other diesel forums for test trucks.. dunno more than that.

majek5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hang out on the PHP forum all the time, Groovy Chick (Corey, 1/2 of PHP) answers my question here. Cool. Small world of people trying to help each other out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim