Rim size

happeetxn

9/11 Never Forget
Reaction score
Howdy All,
While I was looking at some of the previous posts concerning tires I kept seeing rim sizes of 7.s or 8". I have stock steel rims on my truck I am running 235/85/16. So my rim size is 16" right not 7.5 or 8."? I ask because I saw the post about someone wanting to run 305/70's and that is where the the whole rim size came into play.
Now I know some of y'all are reading this and thinking "Didn't this guy say he was going to get a rebuilt engine and then changed his mind and say he wasn't going to put anymore money in this truck instead put it towards a newer truck"? Sorry for the drama I am having a big ol' case of "I don't know what the heck I'm gonna do-itis".:doh: Beginning to wonder if I don't belong on the psyche unit at my hospital. What I do know for sure is that I need new tires and was just wondering about the rim size. Man am I longer winded than Bama:D or what??????
Thanks,
Craig

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 70 in the 305/70 post refers to the height of the sidewall in relation to the tire width. (I think they call it the aspect ratio?)

So, that means you've got a tire that's 305 MM wide (or 12 inches), and the sidewall is 8.4 inches tall (12 * .70).

Your stock wheels are in fact 16"...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14