Roll-N-Lock bed cover?

cdraayer

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried a Roll-N-Lock bed cover? I know the website says they don't work with spray in liners, is this true? With regard to the spool where the cover is housed when rolled up, how much does it intrude into the bed? Would it be possible to get a motorcycle in the bed with the spool (would the front tire clear below the spool, or would you have to use some kind of spacer?

Thanks!

Puddle Pirate

Will Pillage For Diesel
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
I know "Puddle Pirate" has the sweet Retrax kit and his bed is Line-X'd up :sweet

I can vouch for the durability and effectiveness of the Retrax. I have had mine for just over 4 years now (had it on my 01 and took it to my 04). Looks as good (and more importantly - junctions just as well) as the day I installed it. It clamps onto the side rails with 6 clamps, so it's actually right on top of the bed rails and flush with the sides. You can lock it anywhere along the track - and it is key lockable. I have some pics below in my signature if you are interested. As CHPMustang said - my bed is Line-Xed

cdraayer

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
That system looks pretty sweet. Is the price comparable to the RollNLock? How deep into the bed does the spool go (i.e., how intrusive is it)? I sometimes haul motorcycles, and traditionally they are strapped down w/ the front tire against the back of the cab - is this still possible?

cdraayer

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Max Power said:
The retrax can be removed in 2 minutes if you need more room.

www.rolltopcover.com

Really? 2min? Can you tell me more about the removal procedure? Could a motorcycle still be strapped in as usual (front tire against the back of the bed) with the device in place?

Max Power

Reaction score
I think the front canister would interfere with the motorcycle loading unless you removed it. THe canister site about 10" above the bed floor. Pretty much the same as all rolling covers.

All you need to do to remove 4 clamps and then 2 guys can lift it out of the truck. No holes, no evidence it was ever in there. Really slick.

THe price is probably better then roll'n'lock.

Give me a call if you like 888-749-2013 ask for Tony

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14