rotellaT Vs Mobile1 Desiel Oil

rynarnell

03 6.0 8.0lift on 38"s
Reaction score
Which is better, Rotella or Mobile1 ? ive been useing rotella latelly but im hearing good things about mobile1, Also does the oilfilter really matter? do i have to go with ford motorcraft, or can i just go with Fram,Napa,or carquest? Thanks

Ryan

DragonSlayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm hearing good stuff on the mobil 1, i run delo in mine with no problems on 7500 mile intervals. also running napa filters, but am probably going to run IHC filters cause the company i work for gets good discounts:thumbs :thumbs

oi8228oi

another 99
Reaction score
OB NJ, land of traffic, stop lights, stop signs, a
i run rotella with no problems as long as it meets the spec's for a powerstroke you should be ok... as far as filters people tend to say stay away from fram.. ive used napas, motorcrafts, and also purolators.. im sure k&n's oil filters are good too and a couple of sites seem to have em cheaper then filters at the parts store... hope this helps

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First let me say Welcome to SSD.com. :welcome Hope you enjoy your time here. Sat back and read the forums to your heats content.
Now as for your questions about which oil and filters are the best. You sure know how to open up a can of worms don't you.:roflmao :roflmao
These questions get ask here about ever two or three weeks, and I am the only one with the right answer.:sweet :sweet :roflmao :roflmao So here goes. Use the oil that is right for you.:eek: Rotella or Mobile1 are two of the best on the market.:thumbs I use Rotella T because I have been told Shell rotella T has the highest level of anti-foaming agents of any oil and this is extremly important in the Powerstroke. Plus that is what about 75 % of the Ford drivers and Fleet Owners run in the big rigs. GM has always liked the Mobile oils.
Years ago I would of said Fram Filters, but that to has changed. I can get Motocraft at Wal-Mart for about the same price as I can the others and if it has a M/C in it Ford :ford can't say I used a bad filter.
OK now that is my answer, it is one of about 50 or 60 you will get.:thumbs :thumbs :welcome :welcome

Last edited:

Invader

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Filters

Just remember that "f..d" probably boxes someone else's filters, not Motorcraft, so if you know which one that's great. In Canada look close to the end of the alphabet for a hint.......water, whiskey, whiners, whales, :eek:

sattwood

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I think the bigger issue it that you change you oil. Either Mobile or Shell RT is fine - but nothing works if you don't change it. 5,000 miles is the magic number here folks - going 7500 is rolling the dice. Over the (long) life of the engine, you'll see more build up than if you stick to 5k.

SteveA

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14