Sheafers ep moly treatment

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
I heard some good things about scheafers ep moly treatment and how it makes your diesel run nice and quiet. What's your guys opinion on this stuff and does anyone know what store sells it?

SyN PSD

Lubrication Addict!
Reaction score
I add 2 pt of the EP treatment before every summer oil change. Very Thick Stuff. Crazy thing about this product is there is not that much moly in it... Read this entire thread... Molakule explains this product.... My 7.3L really seems too like this oil additive. Or may I say the 7.3L injectors.

Schaeffers Moly E.P. Oil Treatment - Bob Is The Oil Guy

I buy all my Schaeffers products from beansperformancediesel.com

Last edited:

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
This last oil change, I did use a quart of Lucas Synthetic oil stabilizer.
lucaloil.jpg

For a fuel additive, I have been using Alterra Diesel Maxx Bio Additive.
additive.jpg

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I guess they are helping. It maybe just money throwed away, but it makes you
feel like you are doing good things for your truck.

If they help keep things lubed up better, then it is worth it.

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
I just read the Bob Is The Oil Guy hyperlink from above. I respect those who post there and have posted there in the past. However, to add lubricity and to quiet my engines ( Mercedes too) I run a minimum of B20 year round. It costs the same as #2 and the lubrication gain is enormous. I subscribe to the KISS (keep it simple stupid) train of thought.

Stephan you just gave me an idea. :sly I need to have a decibel check on both vehicles as they fly by at 55 mph. I swear the Mercedes is louder. :eek: :D

SyN PSD

Lubrication Addict!
Reaction score
hey: I wish in my case it was that easy. Here in redneck oklahoma we don't even have B20 at the pump. I use the EP Moly treatment every other oil change... at 275K miles compression tests show excellent compression in all cyl. Turbo still making good boost.
Is this all due to the EP? Who knows... but it does show me, its not hurting anything.

I also use the fuel additive that Bama posted above... Our local truck stop started stocking it 4 months ago... But Since I bought the truck... I have been adding SoyPower @ every fill up... It not the same as B20 but it's as close as I can get for now.

Maybe someday.. Oklahoma will catch up and start having B20 trucked in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58