Slide in truck campers

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I think would be Crummy's realm.. he's King of the Slide-In's
Tailgunner might be able to provide input as well, for all his years in the RV industry...

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have taken my 5ther way up in the mountains on old logging roads and fire trails. Just have to have it set up right and the truck too. I flipped the axles for more clearance and have wider tire on the camper. There is only so much you can do.

With the slide in you change the center of gravity on the truck and you move it up higher. Which could give you a roll over problem on back trails.
If you want to go way back in the woods buy a tent...LOL

Last edited:

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
I have taken my 5ther way up in the mountains on old logging roads and fire trails. Just have to have it set up right and the truck too. I flipped the axles for more clearance and have wider tire on the camper. There is only so much you can do.

With the slide in you change the center of gravity on the truck and you move it up higher. Witch could give you a roll over problem on back trails.
If you want to go way back in the woods buy a tent...LOL

I want decent mpg's and be able to haul all my toys. The pop up slide ins wont be as tall as a hard walled camper so roll wont be as bad and pop ups are alot lighter. I mean I aint gonna do major off roading. If it looks too bad i wont go up it. Just want to go farther up the trail if I can. Im done with tents. I mean I can rough it pretty good but its nice havin a good bed, some creature comforts and the gf not bitching at me haha. Plus Im not gettin any younger haha. It all comes down to haulin my toys and havin a small camper that can go anywhere.

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
I think would be Crummy's realm.. he's King of the Slide-In's
Tailgunner might be able to provide input as well, for all his years in the RV industry...

I dont think I've seen crummy on in awhile, atleast I dont see any recent posts unless I just missed him.

Tailgunner is still postin some right? I will send them all pm's. Thanks for the input!

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone is making a small Toy hauler pull trailer now, saw one the other day
and it looked nice. I just like a upper scale line of fifth-wheels because we stay in ours
3 to 6 mo at a time. We have a 35 ft HitchHiker and love it, it's made in KS.
Doug

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Someone is making a small Toy hauler pull trailer now, saw one the other day
and it looked nice. I just like a upper scale line of fifth-wheels because we stay in ours
3 to 6 mo at a time. We have a 35 ft HitchHiker and love it, it's made in KS.
Doug

One thing I dont like about some toy haulers is you keep the atvs in the living area. I like the ones that have separate garage and separate living areas. The toy hauler I like the most is the Keystone outback 28RLS. Its got a front garage that holds one atv. Has a dinette slide and a rear slide that is the main bed room. Its got good ground clearance too. Its a bumper pull so I can still use my bed. BUT with a slide in I can pull my big trailer. Only time I use a camper is to pretty much just sleep in. Where they made in KS. I've heard of them just never knew they were made here.

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
I dont totally want to get rid of my stacks, lots of money wrapped up in them to just get rid of them. But I was thinkin if I bought some different stacks like some bull haulers that I could keep the stacks hooked up and still be able to put the slide in camper in my truck? It woudlnt be all the way up against the front of the bed. It would be maybe 10in away from the front. You think this would mess up my cog alot doin it this way?

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont totally want to get rid of my stacks, lots of money wrapped up in them to just get rid of them. But I was thinkin if I bought some different stacks like some bull haulers that I could keep the stacks hooked up and still be able to put the slide in camper in my truck? It woudlnt be all the way up against the front of the bed. It would be maybe 10in away from the front. You think this would mess up my cog alot doin it this way?

The only thing wrong with stacks and a slide in camper is most of us might
think you are a Dodge driver, and not a Powerstroke kind of a guy. LOL
Doug

RandyH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member