So i think i broke the girl

GO BIG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So when i opened the hood the other day I noticed taht the coolent resivor had blow fluid all over the motor and hood. Though maybe it just got too hot and blew spewed some. Not the case i filled the old girl up on Monday when i saw the mess and today i needed to add another 3 or 4 cups of coolent.

So the famous question is... Motor or EGR?

In prereration to the trip to the FORD dealer i have already unprogramed the truck and unplugged the battery for a few minutes. Anything else I can do to remove the signs of modification. In addition has anybody had warranty issues with the below mods? Please tell me no or i will have to tear the truck apart to get her back to stock.

Thank you all for your help and Happy Holidays.:dunno

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
So when i opened the hood the other day I noticed taht the coolent resivor had blow fluid all over the motor and hood. Though maybe it just got too hot and blew spewed some. Not the case i filled the old girl up on Monday when i saw the mess and today i needed to add another 3 or 4 cups of coolent.

So the famous question is... Motor or EGR?

In prereration to the trip to the FORD dealer i have already unprogramed the truck and unplugged the battery for a few minutes. Anything else I can do to remove the signs of modification. In addition has anybody had warranty issues with the below mods? Please tell me no or i will have to tear the truck apart to get her back to stock.

Thank you all for your help and Happy Holidays.:dunno

It's a good idea to find out from your dealer if those kind of mods are OK before you do them, that way you know before you have a problem... the exhaust shouldn't be a problem, the others might be...
I know this might sound mean, but it is still true that if you play, you pay...

I hope your dealer treats you right and your troubles are minimal. If the heads have to come off, see if you can get your dealer to install aftermarket head studs for you, they are worth the extra $$. :sweet

GO BIG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I think I figured out the system. Blow your truck up while everything is STOCK and then when they work on your motor have them put in the better studs. After that you are good to make all of your mod dreams come true.

Well it looks like Galpin Ford will make good on the warranty work with the IC but they want a cat in place to get the work past the inspectors. Looks like i may be a bit lucky. Let’s hope. I can take it in next Monday but I feel like I should put the stock IC and the stock intake back on to ensure there is no warranty issues.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14