Sound deadening

arrowstrap

BioMechanic
Reaction score
I removed my door panels and the plastic and coated everything i could reack with 30 to 80 mils of Hybird liquid membrane to deaden rattles and absorb vibrations. i taped the plastic back over the dried surface and remounted the door pannels.

Before this alteration my noise (SPL) with the stereo and fans turned off while driving the freeway at 70mph with windows up was a peak of 100db.

my test after was peaked at the same SPL however it feels more comfortable in the truck and less stressful. im sure the coating absorbs a lot of the little sounds but it is not enough to brind down overall pressure.

i heard that the most noise enters the vehicle from the engine through windshield. when i have time i'll coat the firewall, floor boards and rear wall with the rubber but i was also thinking of applying a coat to the under side of the hood underneath of the factory padding. this should lower my SPL noticably right?

any ideas or expierience on the subject?

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
experiance...HAH...just a bit...

ive coated all the doors, roof & rear wall w/ hush mat...
its helps & it certainly tightens things up <stereo wise>.

I dont know if you can do it for your model year or not...
but on mine...the door weather strip is hollow...i ran clear
poly tube (avail @ lowes etc) thru each doors weather strip
& put the weather strip back on...it made a HUGE diff.

tightens up the door seals BIG TIME...

arrowstrap

BioMechanic
Reaction score
poly tube inside the weather stripping?! that's a great idea... i can almost hear the silence as i shut the door "sshhump".

thanks bushpilot! cant wait to get to the wardware store... after i check my stripping to see if it's hollow.

i'll take any other suggestions out there as well.

BBT

only an egg
Reaction score

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl