Spark plugs

HCAbowman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know..I know, there arent any spark plugs in this forum....:sorry But I know that I screwed up when I put new plugs in the Ex, I went against alot of what ya'll had said..and put the Platinum +4's in and she is runnin like crap. Idle is sketchy sometimes and seems that power is lacking, they probably have about 15K on them if that, so I wouldnt think it was a fouled plug, What would be the best choice without spending $7/plug?

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Silly question but are all the plugs properly gap checked as I have the Autolite double Platinums in the Mustang also and if they aren't gapped right the car runs rough. The Bosch +4's are abit tough for me to stomach,must be the appearance and they can't be gapped.

You might have to get the basic Bosch Plats there Scott.

HCAbowman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have feeling that might be what needs to happen, the +4's cant be gapped, so I think you hit it on the head. I will be lookin at the Platinums this weekend or next. Time for an oil change anyway, so I will knock out 2 birds with 1 stone! Oh, and I am changing sway bar endlinks.

JSPulliam21

Uva Uvam Vivendo Vari Fit
Reaction score
I had the Platinum+4's in my 94 Lightning when I bought it, and when I did a tune up I used the hipo AutoLite's. The idle was soooooooooooooooo much better, and the truck pulled smoother throughout the entire rpm range. Go with a stock type copper plug. They are cheaper and the best plug for a stocker without boost or nitrous.

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
Can't believe you'd speak of such devilish things such as

SPARK PLUGS

Norcal250

Gimp member
Reaction score
IMHO spark plugs are spark plugs... go with the autolite or champions... cheap and get the job done... I've had 5 gas powered vehicles in my 8 years of driving, and I tried all those expensive plugs.... I never could tell the difference between the splitfire, platinum 4s, NGKs, and the cheapie autolite or champion plugs...

HCAbowman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will change them when I change the throttle body gasket, its suckin lots of air in!! So that is 1 more thing I have to change.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14