Speedo stuck at zero

GO BIG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So this weekend i took the trailer out and i got stuck in some stop and go traffic going up a good sized grade. When i got to the top and passed the accident i noticed the speedo stayed at 0. Another half mile the speedo jumped to 50 MPH and was fine. Any reason this would happen on it was just a one time thing and I shouldn't be worried.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
:sorry , wish I knew what the problem might be, dont have a clue.

Is it just the speedo that is sticking at 0, or are all the gauges dumpin to 0?

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
does the speedo do any funny dances when it isnt stuck at 0 ?

it sounds to me like there is a loose plug, or crudded connection somewhere. unfortunatly those can be a cramp to find sometimes.

on the bright side....when the officer pulls you over and asks if you knew how fast you were going, you can confidently tell him "i wasn't going at all!"

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had it happen to me once... I was pulling a hay wagon out of a field and some of the tall grass got a hold of something. I had no speedo and it shifted like crap for about a 1/2 mile till I could get to a place and stop. I did when a car went out in front of me and I stopped, when I restarted, the speedo and shifting was fine.

I crawled underneath and there was some grass stuck to some things under there, but nothing major. Didn't see anything, couldn't find anything that seemed loose, so I've been driving it the last year and a half with no problems.

Do the obvious, wiggle all the wires on the sensors on the tranny once, and see if it improves.

Does your odometer still work? If that does and the gauge doesn't, then you might have a dead speedo, with everything else being good.

GO BIG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well like i said it was a one time occurance and it hasn't happened since. The truck was running real hot moving up the grade in the stop and go so I think is has to do with a heat problem. Once i got moving and onto the other side of the hill kicked right back up.

If it happenes again I will take it to the dealer.

GO BIG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My guy over at Galpin said they have been having a problem with the cluster gagues with the Harley trucks. I will have the cluster switched when I take it in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14