Super chip

addicted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I did a quick search and couldn't find what I was looking for.

My buddy has a super chips programmer that came with his 99. I would like to use it on my truck.

I do have a chip in that I installed but didn't work but I just left it in becuase it didn't seem to be hurting anything.

I tried hooking his programmer up to my truck and at first it said VIN lock but I pressed continue anyway and then I got Error Code 9 call super chips.

I guess the question is, if I took out my chip now is there a way I could use his tuner?

I thought these super chips worked with out sticking a chip in, and just changed the computer on the truck via the port.

Thanks.

DragonSlayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure that your friend set his truck back to "stock" setting, that way it unlock the tuner to possibly work on yours. The original vin # must be returned to stock for it to be applied to additional vehicles. I'm not sure about the year differences, but it should stack on top of your program.

addicted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome!!! I will have to fool around with it and see what I can do. I know we had just turned it up to Hight HP. Hmmm but then if I turn mine up then his will be low :) ohh well it will be fun to screw around with until I finally get a chip..........tooo many projects hopefully by years end.

Strokin_Early_99

Diesel Youngin'
Reaction score
You can not stack a chip and a tuner on the PSD. The VIN lock will be gone of your buddy puts his truck back to stock. But when you program your truck, that will VIN lock it again up until you return your truck back to stock.

Keep Strokin'

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can put the programer on the truck so long as the other one is set to stock. I would bet the reason your "chip" didnt work is the contacts are not clean on the access port. Might try cleaning them again, as you will anyway once you get a new chip.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14