Help Needed Superduty gasser dash quit help

jherman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure i'm in the correct forum but i thought i would try here. I have an 03 f350 gasser, the only one i have that is not diesel out of the 5 i have.
Any how you guys are always so helpful i thought somebody might help me out. After a heavy rain storm here in Vegas last week, the gasser lost all the dash. i have checked all fuses i could find i even pulled the dash out today not sure what i would find, but i didnt find anything abnormal.
Has anybody ever heard of complete dash failure. the only thing that comes on is the turn signals. None of the gauges work, the digital odometer does not come on. Nothing. the truck starts fine and all the headlights and turn signals work, the AC and radio work, just no dash and for some reason without the dash it will not charge the battery, something i did'nt realize until today, i had been driving around the job site thinking i would fix it later, but without charging it is now later. Thanks for any help or any redircting of this thread to the proper area.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the GEM module for water & corrosion.. ? it's above the in-cab fuse panel.

The windshields are know to leak (the Heavy Rain) on the driver side. Water runs down the wiring and into the GEM.

:dunno

Joe

jherman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is this a large silver box next to the fuse panel but with the Ebrake between it and the outside wall, box is about the size 1" x 4" x 3" just estimating

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is this a large silver box next to the fuse panel but with the Ebrake between it and the outside wall, box is about the size 1" x 4" x 3" just estimating

:confused: Mine is above the fuse panel, looks like part of it..

Any one have a better discription.. or Pics ???

jherman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so the gas super duty has the same stuff under the dash as the powerstroke superduty?

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I think the '03's and beyond use a BCM instead of a GEM module.. 1x4x3 sounds quite small.. this should be PCM sized...

jherman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks i will look today and see if i can find it if it is that big it shouldnt be to hard to find.
what do i do when i find it, do i test it or just replace it.???

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks i will look today and see if i can find it if it is that big it shouldnt be to hard to find.
what do i do when i find it, do i test it or just replace it.???

IIRC.. the Dash guage cluster is a Module, in it's self. If it shorted.. you may have to replace the whole unit (?)

Wish I could be of more definitive help.. but these electrical Gremlins are/can be unique, unto themselves, i.e., Your truck ?

Gassers could be different too.

(Thanks JLD)

Last edited:

jherman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i pulled the computer module from under the dash today,it connects through the firewall which was a PIA, but i got it out and i pulled it apart but there was no signs of water damage. So i went to the dealer to price the dash itself since that seems to be the last thing it could be.
Surprise, its $650.00 and its a one time deal where they have to have the dash programmed to the existing mileage, which i cant figure out how there gonna figure that out since you cant read the digital readout.
Anyways im gonna take it in to them and let them diagnose it before i spend the money and then im going to take it home and fix whatever they find myself.
Thanks for all the leads on this difficult subject, once i find the problem i will let you know what the final diagnoses is.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i pulled the computer module from under the dash today,it connects through the firewall which was a PIA, but i got it out and i pulled it apart but there was no signs of water damage. So i went to the dealer to price the dash itself since that seems to be the last thing it could be.
Surprise, its $650.00 and its a one time deal where they have to have the dash programmed to the existing mileage, which i cant figure out how there gonna figure that out since you cant read the digital readout.

[[Mileage is stored in the PCM. as soon as the power is restored.. the last current mileage is digitally restored.]]

Anyways im gonna take it in to them and let them diagnose it before i spend the money and then im going to take it home and fix whatever they find myself.
Thanks for all the leads on this difficult subject, once i find the problem i will let you know what the final diagnoses is.

Please do. This one will be a Keeper.. seems this kinda thing happens now'n then.. especially after a Heavy rain, or Storm related stuff ?

Joe

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14