Synthetic in tcase

Buffs F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have any of you guys done any thing with your transfer case. The book says the fluid is regular mercon trans fluid I was going to drain and replace with royal purple syncromax synthetic. I have been running royal purple in the rear for a couple of months and it works great. Im just lookin to see if any body else is using synthetic and If thay like it.:dunno

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I have synthetic in my T-case and it works fine. I changed both front and rear axles to synthetic along with the transmission and T-case back when the truck was new. I use it for the low-temp flow. It gets a little :crumm here from time to time. I run Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF in the tranny and T-case and Mobil 1 Synthetic Gear Lubricant 75W-90 in the axles. I also run Mobil Delvac 1 5W-40 in my engine. I have always had good luck with the Mobil products. I have been looking into the Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel Truck 5W-40 and will probably switch over to it in the near future.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the reminder ! been meaning to drain mine and
install some royal purple.

Buffs F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys I am slowly changing over to synthetics. I just wish someone would come out with a synthetic mercon sp.

Ken1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AMSOIL ATF in transfer case since first 5K miles. Just changed a few month back with 200K on "X". No problems

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14