TC lockup light?!!

96EDGEpsd

Welding/Fabrication
Reaction score
does anyone know how i can hook up an LED somwhere so show when the tc is locked?? aslo anothr qiuck one...i think my next mod is gonna be a fuel system and recomendations??:thumbs

3-StarJ.R.

53 year old kid.....
Reaction score
Hey Nate, look in my pics, I did a brief pictorial of how to do the led light to moniter tc lock/unlock. The pic that shows the wire block needs to be blown up to full size to see the location. That purple wire with the yellow tracer is the wire that the pcm uses to go to GROUND for the tc lock up. Tap into it, run to one side of the led and pick up a power source for the other side of the led......Do get the adjustible pot so that sucker doesn't blind you at night...Your gonna be very happy knowing visually when your tc locks and unlocks instead of guessing by the seat of your pants.....

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Do you want to do a DIY fule system or go with a unit from a vendor? A couple of our vendors sell fuel system kits and at least one of our users has recently built his own fuel system.

96EDGEpsd

Welding/Fabrication
Reaction score
depends on what the cost difference would be, im planing on some beans stage II's...(y the heck is the core charge soo much it seems a little crazy!!?) so what ever will keep up with those would be sufficient!

thanks a ton jim can wait to set that up, whats with the black things in ur fuse panel, they look pretty handy where can i pick them up?

3-StarJ.R.

53 year old kid.....
Reaction score
Your very welcome Nate!:thumbs the add-on two fuse block comes from autozone, gives you two fuses from one slot in your trucks fuse panel......the little adjustible pot is a 12v, ten turn, (from off to full power) is from Radio shack....I've got the stock number in my computer @ home if you can wait til Sat, but the info above will get you the right one if you can't wait......

Bean has to charge a hefty core charge up front so that he isn't waiting to get your cores sent back in...so that he can get the next guys built.....The way he and I worked it out was to come to an agreement on the return time, (two weeks), I post dated a separate check to that date for the core charge. It made me not wait to change them out and he returned the posted dated check the day he recieved the cores.....Talk to him, he's great to work with and you'll get a nice set of two's, I own a set myself, just haven't had him build them yet till I get the intercooler installed.......also talk to him about his fuel system, It's been posted many times on the diy system that if you run down all the exact parts that Bean includes with his bolt on system, you will have spent the same or slighty more if you include all the trial and error trips back to the stores to get different parts......

lukecline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll throw in a vote for the BDP fuel system. Very nice setup, not to bad to install and works very well with stage 2 injectors.

Luke

96EDGEpsd

Welding/Fabrication
Reaction score
awsome guys!!! thanks, looks like ill b savin up a little $$ for a bit but thats ok, seems like beans is the way to go!:thumbs

96EDGEpsd

Welding/Fabrication
Reaction score
i deffinatly give the tc lockup LED a huge :thumbs , its really cool. did everything wut i think is right and it works great. the only minor issue is that the led goes on when the key is in the off position...uses so little power im not worried about it, but is that normal??

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
lukecline said:
I'll throw in a vote for the BDP fuel system. Very nice setup, not to bad to install and works very well with stage 2 injectors.

Luke

and ill second his vote!i have the BDP fuel system,real nice setup.its a shame the pump,bracket and filters have to be under the truck though.:sweet

JOAT

I Found Nemo!
Reaction score
96EDGEpsd said:
i deffinatly give the tc lockup LED a huge :thumbs , its really cool. did everything wut i think is right and it works great. the only minor issue is that the led goes on when the key is in the off position...uses so little power im not worried about it, but is that normal??

Sounds like the power to the LED is coming from an always hot wire. Try to tap something thats only hot with the key on. Probably won't hurt anything but that LED currently must be grounding thru the PCM or Solenoid to light with the key off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14