TIRES

ForumBlue

CDXX
Reaction score
Will 265/75 16 fit under a stock 2wd F350 dually?

I have some take offs from my Ex. that my Dad wants to put on the rear of his dually.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
yep
i ran em on my 02, Michellins, they get close on the sidewalls so if he is going to carry heavy loads you might want tio get a spacer or go with a skiniier tire
i coulndt get my palm between the two sidewalls. but they never touched pulling the last TT.

police stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run the 265/75/16 on my stock suspension 2wd F350 and the only thing I needed to add was a spacer plate to keep the rears from touching while under a load. I think the truck looks better with a tire that fills in the wheel well and match's the trucks stockyness!

bling821

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New question. What can I fit on mine without the tires rubbing? It's just the stock 4x4. Don't know what the stock lift is. I just want some white walls spinnin' around until I get off of the island and go for a 5" lift. (worried about shipping it back stateside, they might not if its too big)

This is a little off topic but does anyone have a buckstop bumper. I'm thinking of making the swap front and rear when I get back stateside. Check out the website if you don't know what I'm talking about. They are nice.

http://www.buckstop.biz/

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
Bling on my older 02 I had 34's with a tiny bit of rub.

You can fit 35's on there with a leveling kit.

spindrift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bling821 said:
New question. What can I fit on mine without the tires rubbing? It's just the stock 4x4. Don't know what the stock lift is. I just want some white walls spinnin' around until I get off of the island and go for a 5" lift. (worried about shipping it back stateside, they might not if its too big)

This is a little off topic but does anyone have a buckstop bumper. I'm thinking of making the swap front and rear when I get back stateside. Check out the website if you don't know what I'm talking about. They are nice.

http://www.buckstop.biz/

Most folks (I believe) will tell 'ya that a 285 75R/16 is about as big as you can go stock.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
ok... I work for a major tire manufacturer... here's what I can tell ya...

check the wheel width. We rate those tires for certian wheels for a reason. I'd think a 235/85R16 would fit without interference, but I'm thinking that with a larger diameter than the OE, where you SHOULD at least, reprogram the speedo... it may even cause a driveability problem based on the decreased gear ratio...

a 265/75 is NOT recommended for less than a 7.5" wheel... it pulls the beads too close together, putting too much stress on the tire carcass at the bead area and in the center of the tread/belt package...

it will also most likely rub on the companion tire, leading to sidewall failure...

any of this sound familiar?

On a SRW application, we routinely fit 285's on the stock wheels, and that's about all you can fit on them without rubbing on something...

Black_Mamba

I'm a Window Licker!!
Reaction score
That's all I ever ran on my work hauler. Makes the ride a little more bareable when pulling a 30 ft. gooseneck with cat skid steers on it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14