Topper Wiring?

rpenner54

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Does anyone out there know what wires I need to hook into in order to have the 3rd brake light work? I have tried using the Green wire that goes into the brake light but then it does the goofy thing where the 3rd brake light flashes when the blinker is on... I don't want that! LOL

Thanks for your help!

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The 3rd brake light should come from the brake switch, directly. It does not go through the signal switch. Good Luck.

Dave

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
Does anyone out there know what wires I need to hook into in order to have the 3rd brake light work? I have tried using the Green wire that goes into the brake light but then it does the goofy thing where the 3rd brake light flashes when the blinker is on... I don't want that! LOL

Thanks for your help!

If it is real dim and flashing you have a ground problem, but I don't think Ford ran a third brakelight wire to the rear of the truck. Like Dave mentioned, you will need to hook to the stop light switch on the brake pedal.

rpenner54

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Ah HaH! Okay so now that I know this bit of info, which wire would this be?

By Blinking I meant that when I hit the blinker the 3rd brake light on the topper also blinks... :)

nevrnf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can easly get this fixed by running the wire from the factory cab 3rd brake light to the rear.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14