tranny seems locked up ???

dante59

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hi guy's ,, 1st we wish you all a happy holiday from cool but sunny AR..
here is my problem, my truck started right up this a.m. but i put it in rev and it just locked up the same in fwr, , now it was in the 20'* last night but i checked the batt's and both had full chg.???? and drove it last night all was normal .. what do you think?? 96 f-250/ 7.3 :dunno
dante59 (rich )

dante59

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hi 95_stroker,
thanks for the input, i will try to get my local fix-it guy tune-in see if he can help me, that sounds like a pro should look at this..
thanks ,, rich.

dante59

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you BIGK ,, I will see if i can work out a way to get my truck towed up their.
My best to you and yours this Christmas... Rich........

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read that BTS is about 4 to 6 weeks out on getting work into his shop. Call and see if someone has canceled.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I'm bettin' it's a transmission range switch, better known as a neutral safety switch.

Torque convertor wouldn't have any reason to be locked at that rpm, and if it did fail, you would have had other problems before last night.

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
I read that BTS is about 4 to 6 weeks out on getting work into his shop. Call and see if someone has canceled.

If so, Tell them BIG K from Texas sent ya, see if they can WORK you in :sweet

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
I'm bettin' it's a transmission range switch, better known as a neutral safety switch.

Torque convertor wouldn't have any reason to be locked at that rpm, and if it did fail, you would have had other problems before last night.
Not sure that the truck would start if the neutral safety switch was not operating.

One question not asked yet is, "Is your OD light blinking on your shift lever?"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14