Question Transfer case & diff fluid

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input.

...and yes... I know the tranny fluid must be Mercon SP. I think I mentioned this in the first post that started this thread.

I didn't mean to start another oil brand slam/debate. I just wanted to know if anyone had experience using RP products in the xfer case and diffs.

I guess I only triggered the "anti RP" folks. I'm not surprised that folks who sell Amsoil is on the hatin' side of RP. This actually gives me more confidence in RP. :stir

There's a million people on each side of any oil brand related question. Half will hate the product and half will swear by it. I happen to be in the half that likes RP. I don't necessarilly think it's any better than other syn oils/fluids, but I have been using it for years with good results. I use it in everything I own from the F350 to my outboards to my lawn mowers. Plus, it's a local company and I like the idea of supporting my neighbors when the provide a good product or service. ;tu

:lmao:lmao

Maybe we, collectively, here on SDD need to come up with a List of stuff we, simply, >Should Not< Post about, with a Caution.. controled by the Admin folks.

They could then poke a button that would send us a PM saying:

CAUTION:

The Thread you are about to partisipate in, Could Be againts your Personal Choices, and hazardous to your Emotional Stability.

Whadya Think ?? :lmao :lmao

Joe

VinceJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea... I'm sure if I asked a Quaker State rep he`d tell me to use his products too.

VinceJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I meant to ask this earlier...

I've read on a couple posts about the limited slip diff "going bad".
#1 - Is the limited slip diff standard equiip?
#2 - Is there a way to easily determine if it's gone bad?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim