Question two stroke oil to diesel

Diesel Junkie

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Some time ago an article was posted listing the various products to increase the lubricity of our older trucks. It also rated them. I have been unable to find it in previous posts. Anyone remember where its at? Thanks.
By the way my '97 F3350 is now at 800,000 + and still no major problems. Knock on wood.

clem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By the way my '97 F3350 is now at 800,000 + and still no major problems. Knock on wood.

It would be interesting to know the parts and how many that you had to change,such as wheel bearings,cps's and fuel pumps.

Diesel Junkie

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Clem asked,so here goes. The old girl is on her fourth clutch,second pressure plate/throwout bearing and second transmission. I don't remember how many glow plugs but only two GPRs. Three CPS with the third being free,recall by Ford.Two fuel pumps,two speedometers and a partridge in a pear tree. Sorry,couldn't help myself. Lots of front tires,three sets of ball joints,one radius bushing and one radiator. Thats about it except for idler pullys and tensioning pullys. It eats them about every 100,00. Probably sounds like a lot but I couldn't buy another for what I've got in her and she still gives me 19 to 21 mpg. The motor has never been opened past one injector overhall. She uses no oil and starts every time.

clem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I was hoping you also had a little info on the wheel bearings.What you did post is interesting to me.

Diesel Junkie

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Forgot to mention the wheel bearings,Clem. My records indicate that the old girl has had four sets of front wheel bearings and three universals. I heard that these trucks were hard of bearings but mine hasn,t done too bad. My only real complaints are the cruise control and the pullys. I seem to go through an inordinate number of them

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14