ulsd and lsd fuel

melmount

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have an 07, 6.0 in it. I have a local horns truck stop. they are still selling lsd. i like that fuel and i use power service silverbotle. Truck runs well.I just got it.. I know i dont have to use the new fuel(no dpf) Is the older fuel (lsd)better or weorse for a 6.0?

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Mine runs better with lsd the usld is junk in my opinion.
If ULSD is the only option in the area I suggest 2 cycle oil to add to the fuel as it'll help chill out the injector rattle,not sure if 2 cycle is completely kosher with 2007 models.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine runs better with lsd the usld is junk in my opinion.

IMO..an example of ULSC # 2 Diesel's LACK of proper Lubrication capabilities, for our PSDs would be:

While changing my Fuel Filter sometime back, I dribbled some on my garage floor. By the time I got done and backed the truck out, it had ALL evaporated.. just like Gas. No oily residue, just a Very, Very lite stain. One pass with a Shop Rag.. it was gone.

Easy clean up.. but I been using 2 cycle oil (Thanks CHP:hail ) ever since.

Last edited:

Buffs F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO..an example of ULSC # 2 Diesel's LACK of proper Lubrication capabilities, for our PSDs would be:

While changing my Fuel Filter sometime back, I dribbled some on my garage floor. By the time I got done and backed the truck out, it had ALL evaporated.. just like Gas. No oily residue, just a Very, Very lite stain. One pass with a Shop Rag.. it was gone.

Easy clean up.. but I been using 2 cycle oil (Thanks CHP:hail ) ever since.

Fwiw the flash point of usld is closer to gas then #2. I havent tryed 2cyl oil but I will after my cat runs away ;)

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I started using 2 cycle oil the last fill up, haven't seen any better MPG yet. Seams to be a little quitter now.
I put two in a 38 gal fuel tank.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I started using 2 cycle oil the last fill up, haven't seen any better MPG yet. Seams to be a little quitter now.
I put two in a 38 gal fuel tank.

I haven't seen a MPG gain worth writing home about. A good Road Trip would really show MPGs, if any. My PS sure does sound better tho. Quieter Idle, quieter at speed and seems to be a bit stronger feeling.

I normally fill up at 1/2 a tank, dump in one jug, seems to be about right. Now'n then I don't add any, just to keep from over doing it.

:dunno

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
Are you guys just throwing in some 2cycle oil like you would in a chain saw or dirt bike...??? I'm just trying to get a feel for what your doing....whats supposed to be the advantage of doing this??...educate me please:)

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you guys just throwing in some 2cycle oil like you would in a chain saw or dirt bike...??? I'm just trying to get a feel for what your doing....whats supposed to be the advantage of doing this??...educate me please:)

No... We're not Throw'n in sum Chain saw/Dirt Bike oil.

Some of us are adding 16 ounces of 2 cycle oil to 25 gallons of dezel fuel to put some luibrication back into our older style engines fuel system. Engines that the EPA had little regard for when they sat in there 10th floor "THINK TANKS" and Legislated Regulation.. with little regard or thought to the older dezel engine owners, or it's impact on us.

:) ;) :)

Last edited:

melmount

Full Access Member
Reaction score
big joe
you mentioned no regards to older diesel owners? (years of cars)
dont the newer ones neew the lubrication just as much?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14