vacuum leak

dpantazis

Reaction score
TX- are you SURE you have a vacuum leak at the splice? How did you diagnose it? can you hear it? feel it?

i used shrink tubing cuz thats what i had around to fix my boo-boo. i plan on fixing it better later.

if you look at the disconnect fittings, they use a vinyl clear hose to make the connections. i was going to try and find something like that at a pet store. i figure its close to fishtank stuff. or maybe a piece of silicone fuel line.

this A/C mod is driving me nuts too. i may just undo it all and live with it for now. A/C is TOO cold at max. maybe for you boys down south it great, but up north, not so good.

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
3-StarJ.R. said:
I'm confused, where is the solenoid?

Basically he's trying to have his cake and eat it too.:D

He want's to be able to stop the coolant when using the vent but keep his blending capablities when he doesn't need to freeze out everyone.

Hope you get the bugs worked out!

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
dpantazis - Im pretty sure I fixed it. At least partly. When I put the T back in the line I cut and hooked everything back up the air came back out the dash vents more quickly than it was before. I did notice this morning that it started at the defrost but within a couple seconds came back correctly. The black line was the only thing I ever cut so figure the places it could leak are limited. This morning was the first time I have driven it since I put it all back on Sunday. Previously it would blow up the windshield for several minutes before correcting.

I think the rubber T might be the way to go. Noone makes a plastic T small enough to go inside the line.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
peter
if its coming from the droster first then switches over to dash , thats normal or indicative of a slow vac leak. Ideally thes should hold the vac for longer than overnight.

so your still leaking down somewheres, but not enought to looses control, is your vacum pump shutting off or does it run continously ?
vac leaks are the hardest to find, and its not like a gas engne where you could aim some propane at the hoses to see if the engine picks up speed. :D
dont do that its very dangerous :eek:

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
I dont know anything about the vac pump. I would suspect any leak is still coming from the placement of hte plastic T. The line is significantly smaller than 1/8 ID and the T is 1/8 so it is jammed in but doesnt go very far at all. Im going to find a rubber T like JR's that goes over, rather than into, the vac line and then seal it with either tape or rubber cement. Since the leak didnt happen until after I cut the line I doubt it is coming from anywhere else.

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
powerboatr said:
if its coming from the droster first then switches over to dash , thats normal or indicative of a slow vac leak. Ideally thes should hold the vac for longer than overnight.

Really?:( That means mine has a leak. On a humid morning it will fog the window before going to the dash.:confused:

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
roosterdiesel said:
Really?:( That means mine has a leak. On a humid morning it will fog the window before going to the dash.:confused:

yep they bleed down over night, default is defroster,,,, you got a slow leaky.
mine will do it if it sits over the weekend, its no big deal i dont think unles yur vac pump runs and runs and runs and runs :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14