Question valves

IDSTROKER

Blackfoot ID
Reaction score
There at one time this was brought up but can't find it. I have had a noise on the drivers side back of the head ticking sound to me sound like a lifter problem i have tried everything but won't go away. tonight when i started my truck it sounded louder it go up and down with the throttle but don't go away. maybe injectors not sure.:dunno

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
# 8 injector

I'd say it's the #8 injector.. by design, it gets starved for oil & fuel pressure. ULSC diesel doesn't help either.

A dose of Power Service or 2 cycle oil might help. The HX mod helps to get better (more equal) oil rail pressure to it too.

Joe

IDSTROKER

Blackfoot ID
Reaction score
i do run 2 cycle oil all the time i'am going install the hx mod i have heard it also helps. i talked to a diesel mech today that i have delt with for a long time he told me to run some delphi or stadine additive in 1 tank make it strong it will clean the rails and injectors he said it will help also so i will try. Thanks for the reply will keep u posted.

melmount

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there an AE injector in it? (#8) If not, you can change the injector to the long lead ae. It helps the sound big time.
The hx line will help, as previously stated. The fuel, regulated return, helps a lot too.

TUGGER

Reaction score
The hx line will help, as previously stated. The fuel, regulated return, helps a lot too.

I did both recently and I have a slightly quieter and smother running truck and a seat of the pants performance boost

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14