Question What did you do to your truck today?

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Since it's pouring rain I decided to wipe down the exterior of the truck with a cloth and some Simple Green and let the rain water rinse it clean. That's the best product to remove WVO and diesel stains around my filler neck doors.

Fine69

Reaction score
I removed my snowplow, Mag-Hytec Diff covers, and put my muffler and cat back on. Getting ready to sell the truck. Getting pretty anxious for the new truck!

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
I hauled the camper home from winter storage today.

What was barely hearable strange sound when I touched the brakes a few days ago, is now a clearly noticeable, nasty sounding metal on metal grinding noise.

Looks like I'll be doing front brakes & rotors this weekend.

groundhawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Almost finished with putting the B&W turnover ball gooseneck hitch in the bed. All that I really lack is getting the wiring tied in.

I also got ambitious enough to tear into the little 12v compressor that I have under the hood for the air horns. It hasn't worked for quite a while but I just never messed with it. Took the head apart and found the reed on the exhaust side broken...that's why it never shut off. Gotta try to find a new one or just make one I suppose.

Last but not least, I got my Chicago Bears "C" affixed to the rear glass.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was get'n a minor drive-train "Clunk" (again after 40K, or so*) so I dropped the drive shaft, cleaned and re-greazed the tail shaft & spline.. No Clunk.. ;tu

*(I'm think'n our 11K mile Road Trip had something to do with the interval)

Joe

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Re-painting my tailgate handle today.

100_1204.jpg

JRJ04

Reaction score
Was get'n a minor drive-train "Clunk" (again after 40K, or so*) so I dropped the drive shaft, cleaned and re-greazed the tail shaft & spline.. No Clunk.. ;tu

*(I'm think'n our 11K mile Road Trip had something to do with the interval)

Joe

could that clunk issue you were having cause vibration?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
could that clunk issue you were having cause vibration?

Little off topic but maybe of some use ??

If the spline, the T-shaft or both were Dry or BADLY worn ? I would think it Could.

Often.. If drive-shafts are removed, for whatever reason, and not indexed (marked).. then re-installed 90 or 180 degrees out, from OEM, or known balance ? That, can throw the D-shaft assembly... out of balance.. and cause a vibration.

U-joints too. Check for any slack.. in the u-joint itself. JMO but: if any doubt ? Change'm Out.

Joe

(I R&R'd mine with greazable u-joints)

JRJ04

Reaction score
Little off topic but maybe of some use ??

If the spline, the T-shaft or both were Dry or BADLY worn ? I would think it Could.

Often.. If drive-shafts are removed, for whatever reason, and not indexed (marked).. then re-installed 90 or 180 degrees out, from OEM, or known balance ? That, can throw the D-shaft assembly... out of balance.. and cause a vibration.

U-joints too. Check for any slack.. in the u-joint itself. JMO but: if any doubt ? Change'm Out.

Joe

(I R&R'd mine with greazable u-joints)

Sorry to hop off topic but just wanted to get that in there before I forgot. Thanks Joe!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14