Question what do you think about this OBD2 scanner

TUGGER

Reaction score
Hello everyone
I hope this in in the right place If not I sure a mod will move it thanks in advance

I just received this scan tool Equus 3160 Professional OBD2 Scan Tool as an early X-mass gift.:)
anyone use it?
any one know anything about it?
thanks in advance

here is a link to Equus's product page about the 3160
ABS + CanOBD2 Scan Tool - EQUUS PRODUCTS, INC.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Hook it up and try it out. What happens on your rig? It should work as it is a CAN/OBS reader. CAN is used in Ford trucks. Let us know.

Dave :)

TUGGER

Reaction score
Thanks I am Not having any issues
I was talking about how one of the first questions asked when some has a problem is what codes do you have.

The info I got with it says it reads can & abs codes
then this is in my chair when I come home I'll try it out If i get home while it is light out tonight

jestersv

7.3 addict
Reaction score
After reading the owners manual it should have the enhanced software so you are good to go. you need ford enhanced soft ware to read the codes on the superdutys all you may get with it are speed air temp one other that i forget right now. it may not read the codes I could be wrong but I have a 3130 and it won't read my truck or the excursion. so I bought autoenginituity (sp) program for the laptop with the ford enhanced software it works good it does things I haven't even figured out yet!

p.s. the reason is the early superdutys were over 8000# gvw and were not required to be odb2 compliant they had an odb2 plug but use different software. HTHs.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14