01 F350 wheel spacers...where are they??

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My tires rub when I turn. where can I get some wheel spacers I can bolt on? I've been looking online with no luck.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here's a set on ebay

keep in mind that your rim & tire are centered by the hub not the lugnuts as most people are used to and the spacers may interfere with that centering.

oh yeah is your truck SRW or DRW?

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man, so is there a fix for the mis-allignment? And would it hurt anything if it was mis-aligned other than making it difficult to lock in the hubs and not looking god....Mine is SRW, but even it its was drw I still wouldnt put spacers on the rear.

Last edited:

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
thats mainly what they are used for is to allow for the use of bigger/wider off road tires on a dually...maybe i'm wrong but would pushing them out a little more make it worse? not sure?....i wouldnt want to mess with that alignment up front like that ( excess stress on the susp. components)..i would get smaller tires ,more lift, or when we used to put a lot of lifts on we would trim the bumper a little bit which in most cases nobody notices if ya take a little time and make it look good...hope ya get er all fixed up

Last edited:

TurboDsl8

SDD Member
Reaction score
Depending on where the tires are rubbing is what you need to do for clearance, if they are rubbing on the leaf spring then you will either need a wheel spacer or a tire that is not as wide.Be careful not to get so wide of a spacer that it pushes your offset out so far that it creates another rubbing problem on the bumper or fender well. If it rubbing on the fender well you need to lift it up alittle to get the tire away from the fender. If it was like mine I had it rub on the fender well just barely so I drilled two 1/4" holes about three inches apart right where it rubbed and ran tie wire through the holes and tied it tight back to the truck frame to pull the fender well back away from the tire about 3/4". it gave me the clearance so no more rub.:goodluck

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats mainly what they are used for is to allow for the use of bigger/wider off road tires on a dually...maybe i'm wrong but would pushing them out a little more make it worse? not sure?....i wouldnt want to mess with that alignment up front like that ( excess stress on the susp. components)..i would get smaller tires ,more lift, or when we used to put a lot of lifts on we would trim the bumper a little bit which in most cases nobody notices if ya take a little time and make it look good...hope ya get er all fixed up

Well I'm not having problems with the fenders rubing, just the leaf springs. A larger lift would not be sensibale for me as I run the interstate a lot and have enough problems getting under my fifth wheel as it is. Anybody have experience with wheel spaces and the +/-'s ?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You have hub-centric wheels. This means that your wheels are centered on the hubs and NOT on the lug nuts. There are no cones for the lug nuts to center on, as in earlier models. Adding a spacer will not help you get your wheels centered, as most spacers are lug nut centric and NOT hub centric. You may have to look into different wheels.

Dave

BIG DUTY

F-250 Care Taker
Reaction score
I have the same rub with my 3157516 tires. The rubbing is very minimal. I say just run it and be careful not to turn the wheel to full lock. Another option is to add.weld a little material to the bumpstop.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58