02 7.3 or 03 6.0???

Ironmerganser

Ironmerganser
Reaction score
Hey guys! New to the forum and wanted to get some input. I am sure this question has been asked, but I need some input fast.

I have the opportunity to buy either a 2002 F250 SD CC 4x4 FX4 Lariat with the 7.3 and 80k miles or I can buy a 2003 F250 CC 4x4 Lariat with the 6.0 with 60k miles. Both trucks have pretty much the same options except for the power plant.

Now......suggestions? Anything I should look for?

Thanks in advance for your help!! :hail

Black_Mamba

I'm a Window Licker!!
Reaction score
Suggestions, I have a good one. Talk to me. I have a 03' 6.0L with everything in my sig for proably cheaper than the 03' Lariet you are looking at if it had all that I had done to mine. I also have lower miles too. I have about 46,000 miles on it.
But on the two I would have an Oasis report ran on both of them before considering. This is to see if there were any problems that kept showing up. Also will tell you if it spent alot or no time in the dealer. Will also show if the person kept the rig nice or just plain abused it. You can tell by some of the things that are reported on the report if you know how to read it right. Say for instance one on mine stated customer complaining of a vibration at 70 mph. Tech rotated and balanced the tires and it repiared the concern. Told me the previous owner was a D-student.

Ironmerganser

Ironmerganser
Reaction score
Thanks Black Mamba! Can you tell me where I can obtain this Oasis report?

Also...thanks for the offer, but I need a crew cab. Unless you are selling it for $17k or less??

I appreciate it though!

Last edited:

Scot

;()
Reaction score
Less than 17K for either of those trucks is a deal. The trade in value on My 03 6.0 was only 19.5K w/ 70,000 on it. loaded 03 models are sitting on dealer lots for 28-34 K in my area.

96EDGEpsd

Welding/Fabrication
Reaction score
they both sounds pretty nice, but i would lean twards the 7.3..just my opinion

Black_Mamba

I'm a Window Licker!!
Reaction score
Ask for it at the dealer. I think it costs about 10 bucks OR you can give me the VIN numbers I will gladly get it for you for free. Takes about a day or two with me.
The trade in value on My 03 6.0 was only 19.5K w/ 70,000 on it. loaded 03 models are sitting on dealer lots for 28-34 K in my area
So me asking $31,000 for my does not sound like a bad deal with all that it has? I have about 46,000 miles on it.

Scot

;()
Reaction score
Black_Mamba said:
Ask for it at the dealer. I think it costs about 10 bucks OR you can give me the VIN numbers I will gladly get it for you for free. Takes about a day or two with me.

So me asking $31,000 for my does not sound like a bad deal with all that it has? I have about 46,000 miles on it.

Sounds very fair I was looking for 26K on my 03 but it has more miles & some blemishes.

Black_Mamba

I'm a Window Licker!!
Reaction score
I thought $31,000 was fair for having an aftermarket trans and TC that is about a month old. It was done at the Ford Dealer. Also having low miles and it being the Built Ford Tough Edition which means it is color coded black all over. You don't see a truck like this much at all.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58