Help Needed 02 7.3 p1316

Tman123

That One Guy
Reaction score
SES Light came on and my truck is idling really rough, no smoke. I need help really bad.

Travis

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Here is what P1316 says; P1316 Injector Circuit / IDM Codes Detected. Could be a bad connection or a bad wiring harness, as iracemine said. Check the UVC (Under Valve Cover) connections and connectors. These connectors come loose after time.

Dave :)

Tman123

That One Guy
Reaction score
Mines not as bad as the one in that video... I'm really afraid its an injector... I'm afraid for my life. I have been unemployed for about 2 months now and my truck is all I have for means of transportation. I have a family friend who owns a commercial fleet shop and he said he'd diagnose it for free and if its a wire harness he'd only charge $300 per side. If its an Injector (please god don't let it be) he'd use one of the 'used' ones lying around... I don't know what to do.
:confused:

Travis

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
It's not. The UVC connectors in that truck are known to wear out and let go. There is a $2 part (or you can use a zip tie) from ford to fix this problem. I am sure you dont need a new harness or even a injector.

You have any tools?

Tman123

That One Guy
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the replies and info. I got her fixed... had to pull some strings but she's back and I couldn't be happier. lol

Travis

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14