Help Needed 02 f350 crank but no start intermediatly

Kniel3378

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
2003 f350 srw 4x4

The truck will randomly not start. Will continuously crank strong, just won't fire over. Wait about 10 minutes and it'll fire right up. Correct oil level. Doesn't throw any codes. Batteries are brand new. Brand new cps (I bought 2 so I have a spare) and they are both from the stealership. Truck has a ts tuner and I can switch it to stock setting and still won't fire. Un plugged it and it still didn't fire.

So far, the only way to fix the issue is wait about 10-15 minutes. Then it fires right up.

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fuel? Try cycling the ignition several times (on, wait 10-15s, off; repeat) to make sure the fuel pressure is up (and that there is fuel). Or pull the fuel bowl strainer an confirm you've got a full load there prior to start? If it starts up after cycling then maybe you have a fuel pressure problem? Just one idea...

Kniel3378

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Full fuel bowl. Can hear fuel pump each time. Only idea ive came to would be the idm. But that's still a guess.

hulkster

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
yeh,fuel. the pump may be running but for how long and what kind of pressure is it putting out. have a look in the bowl while someone cranks it whats the condition of the fuel bowl, rusty dirty? pull the plug in the oil resevior next to the oil sending unit. is it almost full,oil could be draing back and causing hard long start. if the idm was the problem,most likely it would have issues after you got it running.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
does it make smoke when it's cranking?

It does have a WTS light illuminated, correct?

Kniel3378

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I get the wait to start light. It hasnt happened sense I posted this for me to check. I can hear the fuel pump running for about 5 true seconds.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58