02 fuse block

Tman123

That One Guy
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get a cheap fuse block for my truck?

I took my truck into the dealership the other day because when I turn my lights on and turn them off my park lights stay on until I disconnect my battiers... They told me it was a relay in my fuse block that has broke in the on position and it would cost me $542 to have it replaced.....

Thanks in advance,

Tman123

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The relay will come out of the fuse block and can be replaced. DON'T FALL FOR IT!! Parking lights are controlled by the HEADLIGHT SWITCH and not a relay. Changing the headlight switch is not too bad and certainly will NOT cost $542.

Dave ;tu

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm..

Could this be yet another case of an unscrupulous Dealer Garage.. with little moral or ethical backbone, Doing what [SOME, NOT ALL] dealers will do.. if you fall for it ?

Nah... but just in case, try what Dave said Tman. Then get back to us with the Cost, as Compared, wouldya ?

Jeeeez..:( $542 bucks :eek:

Last edited:

jtfarns

JTFARNS
Reaction score
I just changed an entire fuse box on a 2001 f350 at work and the box was only $208 and it came with all the fuses and relays. I had to change it out because of a water leak that shorted it and caused all kinds of problems.

cregg101

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have just replaced every piece of wire, both fuse boxes and every relay on a F-350. If it comes to the point that you need to get anything for a Super-Duty Marsh Auto Salvage in Siler City NC, are the best people I have ever found to work with. They pulled every piece of wire and componet that I needed. Everyone else I talked to said no we can't pull them that way we always cut them.

They were reasonable on the price, I'm not saying they are cheap but reasonable, and they will pull items for you that other yards will not take time to pull.

I hope this helps but like the other guys told you I'm not sure that is the real problem.

Tman123

That One Guy
Reaction score
I found several different types of headlight switches and the cheapest one is $68 but it has the auto running lights. Will that work with my truck?

Tman123

cregg101

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure about that, when changing parts I have always tried to stay with the same kind of part.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58