'02 superduty front springs

jsharpe

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have an '02 F250 and I am trying to find out how big of a tire I can run with the factory springs in the front. What have you guys been able to get away with? Also, how much would a set of OE heavy duty front springs increase the height? Thanks, JS

jwolfe321

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
An add-a-leaf will probably get you 1.5-2" in the front, my truck 01 f350 had a 2" block under the stock front springs and I was running 35"x12.50 with no rub. Hope this helps some.

'57turbo

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Springs

I have a one inch block that I machined up for the front of my '02. I have been running it for three years now. I don't see a problem with using a minial sized block on the front?:dunno

jsharpe

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am only looking to run a 285 or 295/75-16 in the front. Would an inch over stock be enough?

atk

Reaction score
I am only looking to run a 285 or 295/75-16 in the front. Would an inch over stock be enough?

they should fit even without the lift, unless the front has sagged that much....whether you use a add-a-leaf or replace the front with OEM springs with a heavier rating, that will give you the added clearance for the tire size
that you want to run....just stay away from using blocks in the front, but that is your decision....hope this helps

'57turbo

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
block or no block

I would like someone to explain to me the difference between using a block to raise the rear of a truck and not to use it on the front. I believe you don’t want to have a lot of block there because of the torsion load when turning and having all the engine weight up front. But what about the same loads on the rear of a lifted truck that is carrying a gooseneck or 5th wheel? After all the front of the truck has a track bar to limit the side to side movement.
I used a 325/60/18 tire with the one inch block in the front. The tires rubbed on the inner fender plastic. No metal contact.
:confused:

jwolfe321

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Sharpe google "topguncustomz" they are the guys would helped me with my truck. They have a few good add-a-leaf's. Also I have heard of some guys putting the ford x-springs on their trucks. I guess these are the springs for the 450's and 550's, should give you 1.5" of lift and bolt on easily since they are a ford part.

Turbo, I have heard too many stories about guys totaling their trucks b/c of using blocks in the front. Plus the dealership would not touch any bolt in the front of my truck with the blocks under the springs, they told me if they are the last to touch it then they would be responsible when the front end comes out of the truck! That is when I decided to remove the blocks and when I did the block on the pass side was cracked through on the top and probably close to a complete failure. Too much weight and torsion!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58