03-04 6.0 ???

nogo90gp

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I read a lot of stuff refering to the 03's and 04's questioning there durability and saying they're problamatic and don't do any mods to them.

My question are
1) what are the problems?
2) how can they be resolved/fixed?
3) when were these problems addressed?

the reason i ask is because i own a F 350 2004 built 10/03

Scot

;()
Reaction score
My (STOCK) 03 had running problems, injectors, sensors
Also had oil leaks, sensor gaskets & o rings, bed plate leak
Turbo problems , 3 in 75K miles
Head gaskets, I hear from undersized head studs

Truck spent 65-70 days in the shop over the 2 years I had it, motor was removed twice. All the running problem were not corrected until I started calling FMCCS. They finally sent an engineer out to pin point the problem.

After all that I still bought another one, I just can't drive a cummins or Duramax. The 06 has 25K on it and no major issues.

Not all 03-04's are problem childs. Some are well over 100K and have never seen the inside of a dealers service dept. Hope you have one of the good ones.:sweet

Ironmerganser

Ironmerganser
Reaction score
I have a late '03 with 65k on the clock. I bought it with 59k and haven't had any problems yet. I ran an oasis report before I bought it and no problems except for typical reflashes.

The thing about the problem 6.0's is that everyone writes about the problems, but no one writes about when everything is going fine, so that is all you hear. Yes....there are a lot of '03's with 6.0's out there with problems, but when you look at the big picture and compare the problem ones with the total amount of 6.0 trucks out there........one side outweighs the other.

Anyway....in a nut shell......do your research on the truck itself (oasis, talk to previous mechanic) and if she looks good....GO FOR IT!! I love my 6.0!!! :thumbs

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
i have an '04 that was built in the exact same month and year as the one you have.

the only thing i have had trouble with is the EGR cooler. no head gasket problems, nothing that is primarily related to "engine block, heads, etc."

i have over 139,500 miles right now, and its still goin strong. just keep it serviced right, check things out a few times a month to make sure all is good.

rynarnell

03 6.0 8.0lift on 38"s
Reaction score
I have an 03 with 8" lift on 38's. Bought it with 41K now has 55K. No problems, great truck.

hpprose

Sponsor
Reaction score
I love my truck. By far I have a good one.

My truck is extremly responsive, runs great and is strong.

I have recently (for 30K now) had a chip, intake, exhaust and upgraded luberciants with no problems. The other day My egr valve had a problem and turned on the check engine light. The problem that was fixed under warrenty.

I have a 2004 F-250 with an auto. Love my truck. In fact, I'm working on a project and I'm looking at getting another 6.0 for it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58