03/04 Harness Recall -

Reaction score
If you have any surging, stalling, missing, seems low on power, etc etc – and you have not done the recall for the wiring harness . . . you need to get her in and have it done. I just finally got around to having mine done. I had the surging/missing deal and figured out that if I reached in and grabbed a hold of the harness right at the injector box – pulled up and out, that I was normally good for another two or three weeks. Thing is, whenever I did that the motor always seemed really strong for an hour or two – maybe a day.

Well after putting it off for months and months - had her done last week – this motor now feels like a whole new beast. So much so that the wife even noticed it. To quote: “You don’t have to start off that fast every time do you?” Well yeah I do, cause I can . . . :D

I’m not sure what the problem is or was with the old ones – something shorting, grounding, bad connection – whatever – but it definitely helped mine out.

Anyway guys – if you have the notice and haven’t done it, you need to get it in. If you have a 03/04 and didn’t get a notice – I’d call and see what’s up.

Later,

Ron

Black_Mamba

I'm a Window Licker!!
Reaction score
Mine has done all that except stalling when it is a cold start or even after driving after a while and then start it up again. When I put my programmer on it cleared it up. Does it once in a blue moon but no concerns. It's just annoying when it does it. Also it took a little bit longer to start it in stock form than my 7.3L I had but once again after putting my programmer on it cleared it up. Turn key and she fires right up. But strange thing is I got this truck used and my fuel pressure by manual gauge is 85 PSI:dunno . It acts like some people that I have been talking too that have the bango bolt mod done. :dunno who knows?:dunno I'll figure it out soon.

Ford Doctor

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Ron, that is what I have tried to explain to some of those hard headed stubborn 6.0 owners over at TDS. Most of the trucks that roll out of my shop having any of the recalls done whether it's the harness, sensors or re flashing, they do run much better. Then again, sometimes a fresh EGR valve or an EBP sensor and a recal is just what they need. ;) (Ford's or somebody else's)

Reaction score
Ford Doctor said:
Ron, that is what I have tried to explain to some of those hard headed stubborn 6.0 owners over at TDS. Most of the trucks that roll out of my shop having any of the recalls done whether it's the harness, sensors or re flashing, they do run much better. Then again, sometimes a fresh EGR valve or an EBP sensor and a recal is just what they need. ;) (Ford's or somebody else's)

Yep - before I'd post this over there I might as well run my head into a wall. That's why I posted it here, on OB and of course NOVAPS. To reduce my downtime - I was guilty of saving up all my recalls (3) and getting them all done at the same time. Worked out well - except for that stupid 5.4L gasser F250 they gave me to drive. What a waste! Damn thing couldn't get out of it's own way.

Later,

Ron

Black_Mamba

I'm a Window Licker!!
Reaction score
Ford Doctor said:

Explain more to me about the recalls and what years they effect. My build date is 12/02 and was wondering if any of mine fall under any of these recalls. Just want my truck to run right for the time that I have her. Any vehicle out there has its problems just to many people are whiners about it. Personally Ford makes the best truck out there. But this is a person who has driven nothing but Ford's for the past 10 years. I used to work for a local Ford dealership here on diesels so I know the problems I'm going to have if I walk in there and tell them I want this and this fixed under the recalls. Forgot to mention. Back in 06/03 the truck had the IPR, ICP, IDM, PCM, and reflashed.

Reaction score
Black_Mamba said:
Explain more to me about the recalls and what years they effect. My build date is 12/02 and was wondering if any of mine fall under any of these recalls. . . . .

I had three recalls total. Recall 04B24 was for the tranny. 05S34 was for the wire harness along with the ICP connector. 05E15 was for the EP and connector with software update.

These were for 03 and 04 6.0L motors. So you may have some of these. I'm sure Ford Doc there can give you a lot more info. Ford has a link somehwere on one of their sites - can't find it at the moment - where you can type in your VIN and it's suppose to tell you if your up for any recalls.

Ron

Black_Mamba

I'm a Window Licker!!
Reaction score
Got it saved in my Favorites on my web browser. Been putting my VIN in but there are no recalls. But still this little issue is getting on my nerves since it is getting cooler here in TX.

haulin8or

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have over 20k miles on mine since I had the entire engine wiring harness replaced, including the FICM. I have not had any more problems with bucking, jerking or stalling since then. Definately worth getting done if you are have those problems. I absolutely love my 6.0 now!:thumbs

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58