03 6.0 no power

P Robbins

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
2003 6.0 f 350 cranks and run`s but has no power. Has head gasket`s replaced and oil cooler also egr. Just looking for some ideas. Does not have a check eng. light Any ideas.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Get it scanned. The CEL does not have to be on to have codes in memory. Guessing will only cost you $$$ and not fix your problem.

Dave

fordman60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2003 6.0 f 350 cranks and run`s but has no power. Has head gasket`s replaced and oil cooler also egr. Just looking for some ideas. Does not have a check eng. light Any ideas.

any black smoke/ white smoke? need more info. fuel and filters are good for sure? no rats nest in the air filter?

unplug the wires going into the vgt turbo actuator, drive it a little bit and see if there is a change. it is possible the vanes in your turbo are sticking.
if memory serves me the earlier ps did not have a boost guage? if it does have one what psi boost are you getting up to?

could also have an intercooler leak or boot blown off, but you should hear a godawful howling noise under full throttle if that is the case

if none of these are your culprit i would be leaning towards mechanical failure of an injector or two, as i think only a problem on the electrial side will give you a code. it can not tell if the injector is actually damaged

P Robbins

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey Guy`s I have taken Dave Ben`s advice. I have checked all that I can. Egr ,oil and all filter`s are good Never chiped and turbo spool`s up till about 2K I will not know till the tech call`s me In the am.I thik I have found a honest tech. Wish me luck. Also no smoke
I will post when I know more.

P Robbins

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I finally got the call from the tech. Said the hpop was bad. Motor called for 1100 psi and only had 430. Done the air test and could hear a leak with the scope. All else checked good. Want`s 2800 for the job Any thought`s

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I guess that sounds a little high, but you will get your truck back and that is something that is hard to put a price on. Not a do-it-yourself project for many here. I am not sure I would tackle this job, unless I had a great working garage and some knowledgeable help.

Dave

P Robbins

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Update

Hello

Just an update. I decided to do the work on my own.Everybody was right a tough job.I completed the job in 20 hrs, and so far so good. I also changed wear item`s while I was this deep into the motor. Belt,tensioner,hose`s. turbo cleanup,egr. Whish I would have had the cash to do the EGR delete.All total 1020.00 and 2 case`s of Miller Lite. What an experience Just wanted to say thank you to the Fourm and the people who make this sight what it is.

Phillip

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14