03 6.0 no start

bmoyce

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Here goes... When cold (its been in the high 30s) the truck fires up great!! After driving and getting things up to temp all is well. Shut it down and then get no restart till things are cooled off, half hour or so. It is doing the same thing during the 65 degree day to.

I work at a shop and we are all very capable. Problem is the truck is not telling us anything. All is fine while running with the scanner plugged in (snap-on Solus pro). The only problem I can find is on a warm restart attempt its says it only has 200psi of oil pressure. Obliviously well under the 500psi min to start. I know this is incorrect due to the fact that the truck will run flawlessy when it does start. The ICP is about a month old and if I have to replace it the new one will be numer three this year. -mad I'm really starting to think along the lines of a heat issue with the ICP, being that it is right under the turbo.

Any ideas, sound familiar????

sikodiesel

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Tho 03 6.0 are not very common for a crank no start i have seen a few different things....The most common is the ipr valve. It sounds like you have a high pressure oil leak tho. The most common on a 03 6.0 is an injector leaking. this may not even give you a drivability concern. i would get engine hot as possible take both valve covers off and crank engine. look at the top of each injector closley where the oil rail fits into the injector. If injector is leaking oil you will see it....very common!

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
I had the same problem. Dealership took a year to finally replace the HPOP and that cured the problem. There is a TSB on the fitting inside the hpop that works loose and can be repaired with a clip that holds it in place avalible at Ford dealer. I have heard the IH version is better cuz its one piece instead of two pieces. Hope its not the hpop as thats an expensive fix.

coondog491

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My friends 6.0 does exactly the same thing. still haven't figured it out. Trucks still sitting there like it has for 6 months. We've taken it to 3 different mechanics. They all said to replace the motor.

sikodiesel

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem. Dealership took a year to finally replace the HPOP and that cured the problem. There is a TSB on the fitting inside the hpop that works loose and can be repaired with a clip that holds it in place avalible at Ford dealer. I have heard the IH version is better cuz its one piece instead of two pieces. Hope its not the hpop as thats an expensive fix.

the tsb is for 2005-07 6.0. they have a stc fitting on the back 0f the hpop that blows apart. On the 03-04 6.0 they have a different hpop! just thought i would tell ya!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58