03 6.0L Cranks but no start

4x4grey88

Nascar Fan #88
Reaction score
While driving after the engine seemed to have a loss of power and died. I pulled over and tried to re-start but to no avail. The engine cranks normal but will not start. I got a P2290, P2285 code. I first thought that I got water on something and waited for some time to let everything dry out.

I replaced the ICP and HPOP in the last two years, checked the fuses (all good). Now I am stumped.

Last edited:

4x4grey88

Nascar Fan #88
Reaction score
SKU: 6E7Z-9A332-A

Ford updated stand pipes for all 2004-2007 Ford 6.0 engines. The old style stand pipes were prone to o-ring failure. Symptoms are loss of ICP pressures which can cause no start or stalling. It's also some times misdiagnosed as a bad IPR valve or HPOP. These have been updated with a back up PTFE washer.

Can anyone tell me if this might be my problem? The article I read indicates that this happens to 2004-2007 does this also happen with the 2003s?

BIGMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4x4grey88,
I had long cranking problems but it did start which was do to low oil pressure. I found a shop that only worked on Ford Diesels, He air tested the high and low sides and found a air leak at the O rings. He relpaced them and the oil pressure is good and she start right up with no problems.

AK Rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to high jack this thread but if that o ring causes low oil pressure, does it also cause an oil leak? My truck seems to be leaking more oil lately and starting in the cold is difficult at best. Usually if the truck isn't plugged in overnight it will not start in the morning.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58