03 7.3 E350 box truck can i use starting fluid?

bspan27801

I love those FORD's
Reaction score
Hello,

My friend has a 2003 Ford E350 with a 7.3 box on it. It has 100,000 miles on it. It is in nice shape. He just bought it a couple on months ago from a ford dealer and it was a fleet truck. Seems to be well taken care of in super shape. Anyway we have had some cold temps around here lately. This morning it was 6deg. Yesturday it was 20deg. The truck would not start. It cranks Ok for the temps but just will not fire up. I was wondering if you can use e-ther (sp) or starting fluid to help it start? I know you can not use it on a 6.0 but can you on a 7.3? thanks for your help..have a great day

a litttle history on service.

just had new tires, trans service and filter, oil change, anti-freeze flush, fuel filters changed, air filter, brakes all the way around, alignment and two new ford batterys.

bigrigr

Real trks hv 3 pdls
Reaction score
Blew up a couple of airboxes on some e350 buses were I used to work doin' that, costs about 185.00. not a good idea!

aggitator

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
never use either or starting fluid on an engine has an electiric heating device-air box heater glow plugs or intake heater the results can be very exspensive. just fix the heating problem your engine will love you for it.

dmd

Reaction score
See if you can plug it in to get it started, that let you know that other things
are OK and you can get it someplace warm to work on.

Can even take a generator if there is now power outlet close.

dj7 527

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
cold weather starts

If you are using 15 -40 oil try changing to 10-30.I have had a 2002 super duty from new.This beast would be very hard to start after it goes below 30 degrees,with 10-30 or 5 -30 there is never a fear of starting or not it always goes.If you look in the manual Ford will suggest using 10-30 in colder weather.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14