New Owner! 03' EX won't start

6.0 lawn art

Super Duty Novice
Reaction score
I would like to pick the brains of the diesel techs or those with 6.0 experience.

I have an 03' 6.0, that is stock. I was driving down the highway with the cruise on and the motor just stopped on me. It has not started but 2 times since then. When it started it was idling very rough under 1500 rpm, when revved it would sound fine.

I have checked fuel and oil, it has oil pressure according to the gauge on the dash during cranking. I also have put an OB2 scanner on it and there are no codes pulling up. I have tried unplugging sensors and making the truck start in "limp mode", and the scanner would pick up every unplugged sensor.

I've checked the EGR valve and it is clean and functioning.

I would like to avoid a costly trip to the dealer as I just purchased the truck. If u have any ideas please let me know.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Check all of the fuel filters (both of them). It could be many things from expensive to most expensive. You should get an Oasis Report run on that truck. Take the VIN to your Ford Dealer and ask them to run an Oasis Report. This will show everything Ford has done to this truck. How many miles are showing?

Dave :)

6.0 lawn art

Super Duty Novice
Reaction score
Thanks dave,
I will try that. It has 168***, and I am draggiNg it to the dealer tomorrow for their brainiacs to look at it! But I will also request that report!

Deerjager

Meister Gewehr
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I hope your problems are not serious. Please keep us advised as to the cause of your problem on your Ex.

6.0 lawn art

Super Duty Novice
Reaction score
Thank u all for your support.

The cause of the problem was a faulty ICP which was damaged due to the HPOP shooting deb rise through it. I replaced both and the truck is running great. The ford dealer can now pay the light bill and then some.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg