03-present GM SUV and Trucks

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
If you have or know anybody with a 03-present GM SUV or truck, most likely you will not be able to get the spare tire to lower. There is a secondary latch on the cable that will not let the tire down despite what the manual says to do. The other day my dad got a flat on his 03 yukon so I thought no big deal I will change it. Boy was I wrong. I was pouring rain, optimal tire changing conditions. Then the tire would lower 4 inches or so and stop because of this latch. :rant By this time I was pissed. Had to take the spare from my moms 01 yukon and put it on so I could get the POS to my shop. The 01 did not have the secondary latch. Torched that bastard latch off and got the tire down and then evaluated the fine GM enginerring on this latch. :rant I got the previous model that does NOT have the latch and it worked fine. So I started checking around and my grandfathers Buick Ranier had the latch, torched that bastard off and he was going to fight at the dealer yesterday. I also need to cut off two of my employees latches on an 03 1500 and an 04 1500, I noticed both have the latch too.

I would like to know who GM engineers thought could lower spare tires. I took me all of 2 hours to get it down. Now that I have done two I can do it in 5 minutes with a torch and the right tools, but that is not on the side of a freeway in a blizzard.

Oh well just another situation that backs up my proof that GM is becoming the scum of the auto industry.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58