03 TURBO

04TurboStroker

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey yall I was into buying a 2003 turbo for my 04 6.0. The gentleman is asking me to make him an offer on the price for the turbo. The info he gave me on it was the turbo has 40k miles on it, and it was the factory turbo that came with the truck. He is replacing it with a aftermarket turbo. Any idea on how much the turbo is worth, what would be a good offer. Thanks for the help, would appreciate the feedback.

lvtitan

prototype
Reaction score
you could buy a badass, rebuilt and modified replacement performance VGT factory style turbo for around 1200 bucks, a lot less than the 2000 that elite wants for the same one.
also, make sure the 03 is what you want, if all you are interested in is a cooler exhaust whistle sound, and you dont care about driveability , then go for it. but like my previous post in a few threads up said, the 03 has WAY MORE LAG than the 04, and it only makes maybe 20more HP. if you drive the truck around town, stick with the 04

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I truly can't imagine the lag being any worse... it's pretty pathetic now, and I'd bet probably more to do with the EPA happy no smoke tuning.

lvtitan

prototype
Reaction score
I truly can't imagine the lag being any worse... it's pretty pathetic now, and I'd bet probably more to do with the EPA happy no smoke tuning.

the lag would go from bad to worse. trust me.
03 turbine is a few mm larger with less vanes. there is a noticeable increase in lag , not worth the extra 15horse top end in my opinion

chadjones99

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
dont forget if you do buy it .. i pretty sure you have to also have a 03 turbo pedistal ( mount ) is not the same ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg