03 vs 06 - 6.0 cooling

Scot

;()
Reaction score
My new 06 fan started kicking on today. (About 90 degrees out). In the 60K miles I drove my 03 with some days much hotter than today, the fan never kicked on. I was wondering if anyone has the same issue with an 03 and if some of my breakdowns have been due to inadequate cooling. The latest isssue is turbo #3 & head gaskets.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
My 06 fan comes on quite a bit when we are towing, and empty if i am climbing the mountain and pouring on the coal.
but normal driving it might kick in once or twice during the month.
If I screw up and take a route which leads me to TRAFFIC with stop and go driving less than 25 mph, it comes on and stays on, thru 2nd gear, makes a lot of noise like its going to suck up a small animal :D
I believe the pcm startergy is set up to trigger on tranny temps first then coolant, when my tranny gauge gets close to 210 +/- it kicks on,

nascar_fan28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its 80s here.. not towing just intown driving mine kicks on quite abit, no over heating probs

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine came on for the first time yesterday... A/C maxed out, and low speeds with 89 degree air and a boatload of humidity. Yes, the small furry creatures were definitely more wary of me...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14