04 350 front wheel bearings

Nasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's been suggested I may have front wheel bearings going away on me.....can anyone suggest an alternative to the Ford $600 Cdn per corner repair (plus labour, lol) ???:( :(
In the meantime, I'm going to take it to my tire shop n have them spin up the wheels...see what that might tell me.

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The last wheel bearing (hub assembly) I bought from UAP for just over $400 Cdn. It's been on my truck for the last 50,000km without any problems. Another option would be a dynatrac kit but if you go that route your looking at around $1800 US to do both sides.

Nasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked out

the Dynatrac kit whan I did a google search...don't think I need to go that way...local Ford came down to approx $400 after some leaning on. I had the tire shop jack the front-end and spin the wheels....I couldn't hear anything abnormal and couldn't get any play even with a 4 foot snipe so I don't think it's the bearings at this time. There is a (rubbing ?) sound when braking and turning left. Haven't figured what that might be yet. Gonna drive it until something more definite shows up. Appreciate the feedback.

Be well!

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most wheel bearings start to growl when they start to go bad. Mine didn't have any play either it first started to growl when turning corners only then gradually it started to make noise all the time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14