04 6.0 down

ynnad40

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Trying to help my brother out with his F-250.

2004 6.o started running rough so I changed out the fuel filters. Once I changed the fuel filters the truck would start but run real rough. If I shut if off it won't start for about an hour it does the same thing. I have tested for fuel not pressure all the way to the fuel the heads and I am getting fuel to the motor. I am now throwing different codes listed below.

P2290 injector control pressure to low
P1000 obd system readiness test not complete
P0603 powertrain control module keep alive memory aam error
p0281 cylinder # 7 contribution/balance
p0272 cylinder # 4 contribution/balance
p0263 cylinder # 1 contribution/balance
p0113 intake air temp circuit high input

any help is appreciated

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
From that jumble of codes, I would guess you have a corroded battery connection. Clean them all and carefully tighten all of the battery connections. Get the one at the starter also.

Dave

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Trying to help my brother out with his F-250.

2004 6.o started running rough so I changed out the fuel filters. Once I changed the fuel filters the truck would start but run real rough. If I shut if off it won't start for about an hour it does the same thing. I have tested for fuel not pressure all the way to the fuel the heads and I am getting fuel to the motor. I am now throwing different codes listed below.
any help is appreciated

P2290 injector control pressure to low - could have air trapped in the fuel system
P1000 obd system readiness test not complete - yeah, because it hasn't run a complete drive cycle
P0603 powertrain control module keep alive memory aam error - did you disconnect a power wire somewhere?
p0281 cylinder # 7 contribution/balance - air
p0272 cylinder # 4 contribution/balance - air
p0263 cylinder # 1 contribution/balance - air
p0113 intake air temp circuit high input - did you knock the wire off the sensor to the airbox? Sensor my have crapped out as well

ynnad40

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input. Just a few more questions.
If it was running bad before the fuel filter change. The filters we just hitting the 10,000 mile mark. Did it some how get air in the fuel system before? How do you purge the air out of the fuel system?

Thanks,
Danny

atk

Reaction score
The problem was a injector stuck open. Just in case anyone else has this problem.

yep, just with different cylinders....that is what i was thinking my problem is, just want to make sure. Ford wants 400.00 CDN for one injector....

which injector was stuck open?

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14