05 am/fm cd. extra plug slot on back?

angus

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Ok, Ive got an 05 crew f250 xlt. My cd player quit, and I found a great deal here on another factory just like mine. When I installed it, I noticed a second female plug on the rear of the untit. Whats this plug for, mine had nothing plugged into it, and Im curious why its there. Im wanting to add an amp/sub to the factory unit, and wonder if it can be done through this plug? Has anyone ever installed a powered sub under the rear seat of a crew cab? How do they sound, I dont need a lot, but a little more bass would sure be an improvement. Thanks for the help.

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
You might be able to find some pictures in the photo galleries... I know some people have installed amps behind the rear seat in crew cabs...

p.s. Josh just called me today.. his CD player quit too.. he is getting a aftermarket one from circuit city in Springfield cause it's going out of business... and I know what your talking about on the back of the factory unit but I don't know what it is used for.. Good luck and I hope all is well :thumbs

caissiel

Laurent
Reaction score
I will try to send a file of radio Diagram for 2005

How do I send a PDF file

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member