Help Needed 05 Backup Alarm/Sensor failure

wnydiesel

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hello,
Recently my 05 CC F350 backup alarm has failed.
The light on the dash button shows OFF.
When I try to turn it back on and put the truck in reverse it turns off again.
It does let out a quick squeal as it turns off.
It's a stock bumper and unmodified.
From what I've gathered, I must have as least one failed sensor.
Can someone confirm this?
I tried spraying off the sensors with the hose from the rear and underneath.
Also, does anyone have the part number for the sensor? and approx cost?
I've really come to rely on the alarm when backing up to the trailer.
I didn't have any luck with a forum search.
Thanks for your help!!!

CHPMustang

Reaction score
You may have a bum sensor and/or a bum module,I don't know the test procedures for either component:doh:

CHPMustang

Reaction score
The back up aid sensors are available at Powerstrokeshop.com for $81.64 each(yes not cheap),Ford part number 3F2Z15K859BA. Talk to Ben or Bob at Powerstrokeshop.;)

wnydiesel

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick help. I'm going to try and clean them first... then check the wiring.. then spend the $$$'s if needed.. sure wish there was an easy way to test them.. with my luck more than one will have failed.. and it'll be even harder to trace... oh well..

CHPMustang

Reaction score
NOTE: The liftgate must be closed for correct operation of the parking aid system.

The parking aid system detects objects behind the vehicle when the vehicle is in reverse gear. The parking aid module does this by calculating the distance to an object by the use of 4 ultrasonic sensors mounted in the rear bumper. The ultrasonic field is emitted in a semicircular area around the rear of the vehicle. The sensors can detect objects approximately 1.8 m (5.9 ft) to the rear of the vehicle and 50 cm (1.6 ft) to the rear side of the vehicle. A 750 kHz variable warning tone is generated from the reverse parking aid speaker. The speaker increases its warning tone rate as the vehicle gets closer to an obstacle. When an object is detected within 25 cm (10 in) of the sensors, the warning tone becomes continuous.

The parking aid system is enabled when the ignition switch is in the RUN position and reverse gear is selected. The parking aid disabled indicator illuminates for 3 seconds when the ignition switch is turned to the RUN position. The system can be disabled by pressing the parking aid switch on the instrument panel. The parking aid system indicates it is disabled by illuminating the parking aid disabled indicator (in the parking aid switch).

The parking aid system is disabled if a fault is detected in one of the 4 sensors, the parking aid speaker, or the parking aid module. This is indicated by the parking aid disabled indicator being illuminated when the vehicle is put into reverse gear.

Visually inspect for obvious signs of electrical damage.

Visual Inspection Chart Electrical

Central junction box (CJB) fuse 27 (15 A)
Circuitry
Parking aid module
Parking aid sensors
Parking aid switch
Parking aid switch indicator LED
Parking aid speaker
Reversing lamps

No communication with the parking aid module

Circuitry
Central junction box (CJB) fuse 27 (15 A)
Parking aid module

The parking aid is inoperative
Circuitry

Parking aid sensor(s)
Parking aid speaker
Parking aid switch
Parking aid module

The parking aid does not operate correctly

Dirty or iced over parking aid sensor(s)
Parking aid sensor
Parking aid sensor bezel(s) or parking aid sensor(s) locked into the rear bumper incorrectly
Parking aid sensors are not aligned correctly
CLEAN the rear bumper and sensors with high pressure water.
False detection from a parking aid sensor

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to hyjack but has anybody put this system on a older PSD? Did the older models(99-03) even have this system? What would be involved to make it work?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim