05 f250 egr issues

jpringle83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've started having egr issues since my truck hit 50k with egr sensors failing. The first time the dealer replaced it and it happened about three weeks later turns out the egr cooler was leaking. Since I didn't tell them my wife forgot to tell them the first time I noticed we were losing coolant they tried to charge me another deductible for their lack of troubleshooting. It's been about 5k and now it's thrown the same egr code along with a camshaft code. The only correlation I've made between the first incident and this one is they both happened after we towed our 5th wheel. Any ideas?:rant

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The EGR coolers seems to be a new type problem for the6.0. I had mine replaced at 75000 miles. The truck developed a miss at cold starts that would not go away until the engine was up to operating temperature. Ford replaced it and it runs fine. I don't tow anything on a regular basis, but when I tow it is usually a pretty good load. Camshaft (?) codes... I assume you are referring to the CPS (Cam Position Sensor). That is not a 6.0 typical problem.

Dave

jpringle83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah it was the camshift position sensor and the trailer is a 33ft Tahoe toyhauler 15k gross. It doesn't make sense though that the cooler would go out again especially since the egt's never got above 1100 pre-turbo. I'm just tired of these frequent trips to the dealership. What happens when my warranty is up and the problems continue to occur?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You foot the bill, unless Ford has done the repair in the past; then they will warranty it for a longer time. How long? I don't know. My guess is one-time.

Dave

jpringle83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No wonder ford lost so much money in the last couple of years. If you create something that has ongoing issues you need to take care of it. Hopefully they take care of us a friend of ours had a similar problem which ended up with a dealer buyback but they had to really fight for it. It's just frustrating to spend this kind of money for a vehicle and then have to continually have it serviced for the same issue and get the run around on a permanent solution because they don't want to lose money.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58