05 Grill on 01

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I know this subject has been talked about before but for the life of me I can't find the post. Ordering and 05-07 Ford Grill, and my question is will this grill fit on my 01. If so what labor is involved? I think I remember hearing that there were a few things that needed to be done just don't remember now. Thanks guys.

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Justin,

If you are planning on keeping your existing 01 bumper, you will have to trim off apx. 3/4" off the bottom of the grill to make it fit. Also, the header panels are different, the top of the grill attaches the same, but you will have to use ties to attach the bottom of the grill to your header panel. I think I have the link on my computer at the office that shows the trimming, I will look tomorrow.

Barrett

Last edited:

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the powerstroke shop sells conversion grills aready cut and modified to fit the 99-04 body/bumper styles. Just a thought.

BIG DUTY

F-250 Care Taker
Reaction score
I have done the full front end conversion on my 2000 (grill, bumper, header panel, headlights). It is a direct bolt on. But in order to use a 2001 bumper with a 2005 grill, cutting the grill is required as stated earlier. Powerstroke shop sells the full front end conversion. I dont believe they are selling a modified grill. The grills that are pre cut can be found on ebay, they are not cheap. Hope this helps. PM me if there are any questions i can help you answer.

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. I shouldn't have to machine it because I have the aftermarket ranchhand and it sits about 3/4" below the OEM grill now. Just have to wait and get it in now. Wife saw what I was doing and now made it my christmas present. So I guess it'll be after christmas before I can post some pics of the grill installed.

iracemine pm sent

danlyst13

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
im looking to do the conversion. I have everything i need except the hardware. Any idea of the part # and amounts of each needed for conversion. Id appreciate it greatly.
Thanks

LowSpoolHighFuel

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have done the full front end conversion on my 2000 (grill, bumper, header panel, headlights). It is a direct bolt on. But in order to use a 2001 bumper with a 2005 grill, cutting the grill is required as stated earlier. Powerstroke shop sells the full front end conversion. I dont believe they are selling a modified grill. The grills that are pre cut can be found on ebay, they are not cheap. Hope this helps. PM me if there are any questions i can help you answer.

What do you have to do if you get the new bumper? Is it a direct bolt on?

danlyst13

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58