05 to older SD grill installed....

RadialX

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
After years of debating what grill insert to get starting back in 2000 on my first SD, then I got a 2001 now the 04 I have hated the stock grill, yet I could not find an insert that I thought look appealing to me atleast. I saw an 05 grill with inserts and that was it. had to do it...........I bought a grill from a guy on Ebay(baseball601) and then ordered up a carriage works billet insert piece. The Grille came in and it was done nicely(only so much you can do with plastic), then I took apart the guys handy work(peice the grill shell is mounted to).......hehe, to install the insert........that was a major PITA, I had to cut a portion of the lower insert so it was behind the cut down grill. All in all it was alot of work, but to me, the end result was worth it, hopefully people like it. Here is the pics.

Before
oldgrill1.jpg

After
newgrill1.jpg

N_P

Truck Nut
Reaction score
RadialX; what does the bottom edge of the grille look like where they cut it? Any chance of the "chrome" peeling where they made the cut?

BTW...it looks great on your rig!!

RadialX

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
N_P said:
RadialX; what does the bottom edge of the grille look like where they cut it? Any chance of the "chrome" peeling where they made the cut?

BTW...it looks great on your rig!!

its a very nice clean cut, It doesnt look like it will peel, but I guess only time will tell.
Thanks guys.

RadialX

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
2005Diesel said:
Just to add, don't you mean older grill to 05 grill?

Actually no, I meant 05 grill to older Superduty, but hey I failed english back in the day........hehe.

Thanks for the compliments everyone, I personally like the change and am glad I did it.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
looks real nice, sort of makes it JUMP out at you, thats what sold me on the new front peices. makes you look

RIGHT NOW

sweet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14