05e16 emission recall 05-06

HOTVET67

06 F350 LOADED
Reaction score
Anyone due the 05e16 emission recall for 05-06 6.0 pickups. (OBD) sustem "check engine light" may not come on when requred. Received letter from ford Jan. 2006 and Oct. 2006 I sure hate to give mine to a dealer when it's running good with 12000 miles. Any good info on this recall ?
Thanks hotvet67

Boadie

Guzzler of the Coors
Reaction score
Mine shifts better, noticed little better fuel economy, does not smoke the white eye burning smoke at Idle, and on those cold mornings mine would make this awlful surge noise during crank is gone

HOTVET67

06 F350 LOADED
Reaction score
Boadie said:
Mine shifts better, noticed little better fuel economy, does not smoke the white eye burning smoke at Idle, and on those cold mornings mine would make this awlful surge noise during crank is gone

Thanks Boadie , never had any of your problem's on the 2006 , my mileage is around 12 to 15 hauling this camper 11,090lbs loaded , seems to be getting better all the time. 12,000 miles on the truck.

Anyone with a 2006 get this recall done ? this one runs and shifts great with no problems , don't see any reason to let anyone play with it now. Body build date on door june 2005

Shraderman

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Alabama for the Weather, Canada for the $Money$
Update Successful

I had that particular upgrade on my 6.0 L 06 F250 back in the middle of summer. I was also a little worried about what I might come away with. Actually, I can't tell the difference. I did chat with the diesel tech at the dealership at length about it. From what he told me and what others have put on here, the upgrade basically tells the computer not to look at the exhaust back pressure sensor as International has determined that the 6.0 doesn't need it after all. This was an input into the variable geometry turbo system used on these trucks. The side benefit is now if you want to put in an EGT or tuner, you have a handy 1/8" NPT spot on the front left manifold which is easy to get to and you don't have to worry about getting shavings in the turbo bearings.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not yet..

I have not received any letter yet, but will check with the dealer.

Uncledan

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just received the 05E15 recall and am always suspect as my '95 was an early model. The mechanic at the commercial truck dealer once put it on a dyno to check something else out and told me that anyone ever wanted to "recalibrate" that motor to hit them quick and split! He said the early '95's were put into the field at max. performance and that later units were detuned to maximize engine and drivetrain life. He said I'd really notice the difference, but I'd have to go aftermarket or out of state to recoup the performance.
Does anyone know if this recall is simular?
I do know that the motor seems very pipey with a definate power band much like a two-stroke motorcycle. If this recall helps get away from that, I'll be all over it! With a six speed stick it's no fun.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
ours was done back in mar april
tow haul got better and for two weeks she shifted funny
but now runs greeeeeeaaaaat

TXSUPERDUTY

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just had the 05E16 recall done on my 2006 F250 SD yesterday. Seems to drive with more power and quicker acceleration. However, the dealer also applied an update that cause my injectors to cycle for about 20 seconds after the engine is shut off. I really hate it!!! It's noisy and does not sound right. Had I know the dealer was going to apply that update, I would not have taken it in. I called the dealer and he said that this is the latest update from Ford to help prevent injectors from sticking. I confirmed this with another dealer. Has anyone else had this done?

Shadow_Grey

Comfortably Numb
Reaction score
Greatest Nation on Earth! You don't like it, LEAVE
05E15 is the one that eliminates the input for the back pressure sensor.
05E16 is the one for the cycling of the injectors after shutting down so they relieve oil pressure on the back side of them for prolonged service.

I have only had the former performed on my truck.

My early '05 does have good pep compared with friends '07. He comments about it all the time. I just tell him it is the open exhaust and mine is more broke-in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14